1. Remove the existing skylight, surrounding flashings, shingles, and underlayment.
2. Install a new curb seat as required and seal it down to the existing curb box.
3. Install a high grade ice and water membrane on the entire existing curb and surrounding roof areas.
4. Install new/existing aluminum flashings all around the existing curb and finish steep flashings at the base of the curb. At the same time overlap the new steep flashings with the new shingles.
5. Finish the interior of the curb seat with a new wood trim finish. (We generally finish the trim white to match the tunnel walls.)
6. Seal down the new skylight on the finished curb seat and clean up all garbage and debris.
(Replacement time is about a half day to full day depending on the extent of the curb/roof pitch.)